Volunteer & Leadership Resources
MEETINGS & RESOURCE LINKS
ALL-CHURCH LEADERSHIP MEETINGS
Everyone is welcome to these gatherings -- held in January (as the Leadership Connection on the last Saturday of the month), and April & October on the 4th Monday evening of the month -- of staff, lay leaders and all other interested members of the congregation for the purpose of worship, fellowship, and sharing information about what's going on in and through the ministries of MUMC.
Matthews UMC offers an annual leadership event to launch each new year and set our path. The 2023 Leadership Connection was held on Saturday, January 28. View a recording of the event here. Please link to the information packet, the Engage with Realm Connect App resource guide, and Leadership Hacks, Welcome & Hospitality and Small Group screens. Read ALL Realm Connect App Questions & Answers from the event, which highlights even more ways we connect. Mark your calendars for the 2024 Leadership Connection which will be held on Saturday, January 27, 2024.
- This is Us
- Matthews UMC Leadership Covenant & Rule of Life
- 2023 Elected Leadership List (effective 2/1/2023 - 1/31/2024)
- 2023 Elected Committee Meeting Schedule
- Leadership Recommendation Form
- Leadership Development Handbook
- Frequent Actions by Leaders in Realm
- Engage with Realm Connect App - Presentation from 2023 Leadership Connection
- 2023 Operating Budget
- Watch the Leadership Information Session (held via Zoom on April 26, 2022) and hear what it means to serve on an elected committee at Matthews UMC
Lay leaders from various ministries across the church meet monthly with paid leadership to provide direction on initiatives that impact the church.
Administrative Council Meeting Minutes:
- November 2022 Charge Conference Minutes
- August 2022 Minutes
- May 2022 Minutes
- February 2022 Minutes
- January 2022 Charge Conference Minutes
All volunteers working with children, youth, and adults with special needs through any ministry of MUMC must read our Risk Management Policy and have a background check run by the Church. Please ask your ministry leader to have a background check run and processed. You will receive an email from Verified First to complete the form electronically. Background checks are good for three years.