Serving with United Kids
Kids Event Release Forms
United Kids has updated its documentation and come out with a new and improved United Kids Event Release Form to cover our kids and volunteers in all of the awesome things we do together.
This latest version of the paperwork [below] will be valid until September 2022, barring any changes to the NC State Law or changes in United Kids Ministry guidelines. The Photo Release Form will be valid indefinitely until rescinded in writing. The Permission to Participate & Medical Form will be the only form that will require updating as allergies, medical concerns, insurance can be in constant flux and we want to be sure to always have the latest information to provide the best care for your youth.
Please complete the three release documents and return them to a member of our United Kids Staff Team. All three of these forms and a copy of your insurance card are required in order for your kids to participate in any United Kids Ministry Sponsored Activity.
- Click here to access the fillable PDF of the "MUMC Kids Release & Medical Information 2021-22 FILLABLE"
- Click here to access the fillable PDF of the "MUMC Photo release 2021-2022 FILLABLE" (This form includes live streaming that occurs in our worship services, and must be completed annually.)
- Click here to access the fillable PDF of the COVID-19 Assumption of Risk form required for ALL kids participating at in person activities during this season of our ministry. (This form is designed in a way that all kids in a family unit can be listed on one form, a separate form on each kid is not necessary.)
Please complete these forms and return them to a member of the United Kids Staff by email, mail, or in person to the United Kids Staff Offices.
COVID19 Kids Release Form
*Updated as of October 12, 2021*
Dear United Kids Families,
As you may be aware, Matthews UMC Key Leaders and Staff Team continue to work diligently to monitor and review protocols and procedures regarding the best care for our church community around COVID19. It is important to all leadership that we continue to address the safety of everyone who walks onto our campus. Many changes and protective measures are required for participants to follow during on campus events.
The below guidelines are based on the following:
+ Governor Cooper’s direction for North Carolina and Mayor Higdon’s for Matthews along with the guidelines set forth from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), & local health department.
+ Recommendations and guidance from Bishop Leeland, the Western North Carolina Conference UMC leader.
+ Honoring Matthews UMC’s Mission to be open for all, as we seek to Reach, Teach, Praise, and Serve in the safest, most informed way possible.
This cover letter describes the guidelines and procedures being followed for all United Kids Activities occurring on the Matthews UMC Campus as of October 10, 2021:
- Refrain from participating in any in person gatherings if you or anyone in your residence has experienced a fever or respiratory symptoms within 14 days of the event.
- Matthews UMC & United Kids Ministries at this time requires that all participants over the age of 5 years & leaders wear a face mask covering both their nose and mouth at all times [indoors & outdoors], unless eating, when participating in any United Kids Ministry sponsored activity both on or off campus.
- While on campus practice hand sanitizing (hand sanitizer will be provided at all events).
- Please be aware that several cleaning and sterilization & sanitation procedures continue to be utilized during this time.
Finally, for the foreseeable future, all minors participating in on campus events must sign the United Kids Assumption of Risk Form along with their parent/guardian, to be kept in their file. We will continue to update you on any new developments regarding policies and procedures in regards to care & safety for our community during COVID19.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact a member of our United Kids Staff Team.
Pastor Corey Milliet
DOWNLOAD THE FILLABLE VERSION OF United Kids Assumption of Risk Form HERE
[cover letter updated on October 12, 2021]
Sign Up for Our Parent Email
Online Church Database - Realm
Update your info within our church online database through OnRealm.org or download the FREE Realm Connect App for iPhone and iOS devices from the App Store and Android devices from Google Play to stay connected to the Matthews UMC community! This helps us to have the most up to date information on you and your family. Take a minute to login and check your info.
Login by simply going to OnRealm.org, enter your email (it must be the one we have on file at the church), and click get password or forgot password. Then follow the link that is sent to reset. You will need these must-have tools for "everything MUMC".