Welcome & Mission Statements
Welcome! Matthews UMC embraces God's gift of diversity and rejoices in a loving, diverse community united in Christ! Our Church strives to live the love of Christ in all we do and affirms the sacred worth of all persons, deserving of every sacrament and rite. We affirm and celebrate individuals of every sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, ethnicity, physical and intellectual abilities, economic status, political perspective, age, family composition, country of origin and citizenship status. We all are made in Christ's image, worthy of God's love and grace! We recognize our differences and do not seek to erase them but to use them as a source of strength, as we journey together toward greater understanding, mutual respect, and love for each other, while humbly serving our God.
Through Jesus Christ, we will transform the world, one life at a time.
We are committed to:
- REACH people in the name of Christ,
- TEACH everyone to be fully devoted disciples of Christ,
- PRAISE God through worship and in everything we do,
- SERVE others, as Christ taught us, to relieve suffering in the world.
- We serve all families and individuals through worship, teaching and missions.
- We, as disciples of Christ, are devoted to transforming lives.
- We foster caring relationships through small group connections
- We are passionate about serving God's people locally, nationally and globally.
- We provide opportunities for the entire community to worship in Christ's name.