The Matthews United Methodist Endowment: Preserving a Legacy to Reach, Teach, Praise & Serve
The Matthews United Methodist Endowment Fund enables ministry for future generations at the church. The program launched at the church in 2017 and has received gifts from generous contributors totaling $431,169.
Watch our "Stories from the Endowment" event to learn how the distributions from the earnings growth can have an impact for generations to come!
Financial results continued to demonstrate the program benefits:
- Distributions of $24,455 in earnings since 2020 to support the ministries of the church.
- Distributions from the General Endowment Fund helped fund sound repairs in The Commons, expanded seating in the Choir Loft, the Bus Ministry, and the 2021 Christmas Concert.
- Distributions from the Capital Improvements Endowment Fund in 2020 were $6,400 and supported the LED lighting conversion in the Sanctuary.
2021/2022 Endowment Program Highlights
Endowment Program utilized digital and in-person events:
- Hosted an Annual Endowment Luncheon for Contributors and congregation.
- Hosted a livestream Endowment program that included A.J. Thomas from the United Methodist Foundation to answer questions and discuss options for participating in the endowment program.
- Produced the award winning video, Grateful Hearts: Creating Lasting Legacy through Matthews United Methodist Endowment that highlighted endowment participants and their stories.
- Used Zoom to meet with families screen to screen to explain the program options.
Senior Pastor: Chuck Wilson
Servant Leader: Sam Hatcher
Admin Council Servant Leader: Suzanne Pugh
Finance representative: Don Morrison
Global Impact representative: Marilyn Sczech
Staff Parish Relations Committee representative: Matt Clary
Trustees Representative: Michael Holt
Class of 2023: Terry Efird
Class of 2024: Julie Jones
Class of 2025: Troy Ferguson
Secretary: Rona Swakopf
Church Treasurer: Debbie Fitts
Grateful Hearts: Creating Lasting Legacy through Matthews United Methodist Endowment
Direct Gift Designation (For Current Gifts)
Estate Planning Designation