The Matthews United Methodist Endowment: Preserving a Legacy to Reach, Teach, Praise & Serve
The Matthews United Methodist Endowment Fund enables ministry for future generations at the church. The program launched at the church in 2017 and has received gifts from generous contributors totaling $538,169.
Financial results continued to demonstrate the program benefits:
- Distributions of $29,657 in earnings since 2020 to support the ministries of the church.
- Distributions from the General Endowment Fund have been allocated to the following projects:
2021/2022 Endowment Program Highlights
Endowment Program utilized digital and in-person events:
- Hosted an Annual Endowment Luncheon for Contributors and congregation.
- Hosted a livestream Endowment program that included A.J. Thomas from the United Methodist Foundation to answer questions and discuss options for participating in the endowment program.
- Produced the award winning video, Grateful Hearts: Creating Lasting Legacy through Matthews United Methodist Endowment that highlighted endowment participants and their stories.
- Used Zoom to meet with families screen to screen to explain the program options.
Watch a recording of our "Stories from the Endowment" event to learn how the distributions from the earnings growth can have an impact for generations to come:
Senior Pastor: Chuck Wilson
Servant Leader: Sam Hatcher
Admin Council Servant Leader: Suzanne Pugh
Finance representative: Don Morrison
Global Impact representative: Marilyn Sczech
Trustees Representative: Michael Holt
Class of 2023: Terry Efird
Class of 2024: Julie Jones
Class of 2025: Troy Ferguson
Church Treasurer: Debbie Fitts