The Matthews United Methodist Endowment: Preserving a Legacy to Reach, Teach, Praise & Serve
Financial results continued to demonstrate the program benefits:
- Distributions of $29,657 in earnings since 2020 to support the ministries of the church.
- Distributions from the General Endowment Fund have been allocated to the following projects:
2021/2022 Endowment Program Highlights
Endowment Program utilized digital and in-person events:
- Hosted an Annual Endowment Luncheon for Contributors and congregation.
- Hosted a livestream Endowment program that included A.J. Thomas from the United Methodist Foundation to answer questions and discuss options for participating in the endowment program.
- Produced the award winning video, Grateful Hearts: Creating Lasting Legacy through Matthews United Methodist Endowment that highlighted endowment participants and their stories.
- Used Zoom to meet with families screen to screen to explain the program options.
Watch a recording of our "Stories from the Endowment" event to learn how the distributions from the earnings growth can have an impact for generations to come:
Senior Pastor: Chuck Wilson
Servant Leader: Sam Hatcher
Finance representative: Don Morrison
Global Impact representative: Marilyn Sczech
Trustees Representative: Michael Holt
Class of 2024: Julie Jones & Kelly Klotz
Class of 2025: Troy Ferguson, Toni Vento & André Hall
Class of 2026: Robert Hinson, Eric White & Clark Holmes
Church Treasurer: Debbie Fitts