2nd Sunday after Pentecost | May 26, 2021
Just these lines, my friends …
… to say that we are so excited to welcome you back into our sacred space in the days ahead. You have been so patient, but the time has come for us to move towards fully returning to in-person reaching, teaching, praising and serving! Please be sure to read below our updates for re-gathering.
One of our most powerful holidays of the year comes up on this coming Monday. I hope you will take the time to watch my “Memorial Day” devotional for today. Click here to watch.
Madeline Kamp to Retire
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the retirement of Madeline Kamp as the Director of our Children’s Ministries. Over the last nearly 30 years at MUMC, Madeline has welcomed, nurtured, and loved our children and their families well. She has also helped us plan dynamic, fun events that enable our whole church family to come together. Obviously, she will be greatly missed as a part of our staff community. Her last day on staff with us will be July 15. When informing us of her decision, Madeline shared:
“What a gift it has been for 25 plus years to serve in a position that has helped me fulfill my passion reaching children and their families for Christ!
I feel it is time for me to discover what God has planned for me next in life. I know that grandchildren and children will play a huge role in those plans as they occupy such a large place in my heart. I look forward to more concentrated time with them. I know of hobbies and interests I have put off these years and want to enjoy now. I have always wanted to write children’s books or resource materials for churches. Perhaps that will be a part of these next adventures in my life.
MUMC is my home, and I plan to continue to be a part of the church family and what God has planned for our church in the future.”
Madeline is a beloved part of our community and we wish her the very best in this time of transition. If you would like to contribute to a love gift for Madeline, you can do so with a gift to her directly (non-taxable for Madeline) or you can mail a check (taxable for Madeline) to MUMC with “Love Gift – Madeline Gift” marked in the memo line or click here to make your gift online.
As we move forward, we ask for your prayers for Madeline in this next stage of her life, as well as prayers for next steps in staffing for our United Kids. We also thank you for your patience as our staff and lay leadership adapt during this time of change.
We are so excited to see all of you in worship in the days ahead! Here are important updates:
- The in-person worship reservation system has been removed and all are welcome to attend this Sunday & beyond, including the 11:00 Graduation service on June 6.
- Masks are not necessary for those who are fully vaccinated on campus (indoors or outside). We prefer that masks be worn by anyone who is unvaccinated but leave that decision up to the individual. We encourage anyone who would like to wear a mask to feel welcome to do so as they participate in ministry and worship.
- Distancing markers have been removed and the process for entering, seating, and exiting has been lifted. Pew cushions are in place for this Sunday.
- Beginning June 13, worship times will adjust to 9:30 am, 11:00 am & 12:30 pm (Spanish).
- Age-level ministries and Adult Sunday School classes are scheduled to return on June 13. Please check the websites for room, time and other details for Children, Youth & Adults.
- Church opens through-the-week for ministry on June 28.
- We will continue deep cleaning between services and on campus. To allow every effort for cleaning between worship services, please exit the Sanctuary in a timely manner.
- Coffee House will be on hold until a later date. As we rapidly mobilize volunteers, we request that anyone with an interest in serving please complete an online interest form: Coffee House, Greeters, Kids Ministry & Youth Ministry.
This Sunday in Worship
We invite you to join us in person or online this Sunday at 9:15 am (contemporary), 11:00 am (traditional) or 12:45 (Spanish-speaking).
In our Spanish-speaking CCH community, Pastor Roldan will continue with the worship series, A Church, Well Built. He will be preaching from Acts 11:19-23 with his message titled, A Help that is Always Within Reach.
At 9:15 am and 11:00 am we continue our worship series, Easter Earthquake: How the Resurrection Rocks the World. We have spent these weeks wrestling with the following question: What difference does the resurrection make in the way we face the crucial issues/crisis/concerns of our time? This week Pastor Paul’s sermon is titled, The Crisis of Greed from Colossians 3:1-5.
And now, as always, during these strange, uncertain, tumultuous, perilous, and hopeful days of pandemic remember … God does God’s best work in moments like this.
We are in this … together,
Dr. Charles (Chuck) W. Wilson II