College-Aged Mission Trip
We are so excited about renewing the College-Aged Mission Trip this May. We have the awesome opportunity in 2022 to head to New Orleans, Louisiana for an inner-city mission trip experience. There are great needs in New Orleans, and many of the ministry leaders we will partner with have experienced personal loss and trauma as they faithfully serve where God has called them to be His light. The ministries serving year round in New Orleans are extremely creative, faithful and necessary- reaching out to those in need, including impoverished kids, the homeless, after school programs, displaced families and the elderly.
Trip Interest Meeting: March 15, 2022 via Zoom at 7PM
To join the trip discussion group:
- Download Zoom to your computer, simply go to https://zoom.us and click on “Login.”
- Once logged in – use this link to connect to the meeting (you can join a meeting on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android) or enter the Meeting ID: 854 5163 3796
- Enter the Meeting Password: 839194
- If you would like to join the meeting by phone and not video, then dial: +1 646 558 8656 US
Registration Closes on: April 10, 2022 at midnight
Travel Dates: May 8 – 13, 2022
Who: College-Age Young Adults (18-23 years old)
Costs: $990.00 (airfare included)
*Extra costs may include: $40-$60 spending money for gifts or extra expenses
Housing: We will be staying in a local church
Forms Needed: Release Form & Background Check
Link Emailed following registration
- Thurs, April 21st @ 7 – 8:30pm (zoom only )
- Sun, May 1st @ 4-5:30pm (hybrid zoom & in person at MUMC)
Below is the total amount you should have submitted by each given date.
March 14 – $150 (deposit to hold your spot)
April 10 – $650 in total (needed to purchase plane tickets)
May 1st – $990 in total
SAMPLE SUPPORT LETTER (see attached)
Use this to let you friends and family know what you’re doing to build God’s Kingdom here on earth and how they can be a part of it.
ABRIDGED PACKING LIST (full list will be emailed prior to trip departure)
– Bug spray
– Work gloves
– Safety glasses
– Mission clothes
– Casual clothes for evening
– Nicer outfit for a dinner
– Tennis shoes (something sturdy & safe to do construction in)
Items that Missionaries could use:
– Crafts, games for kids, sports equipment, bibles (full & children’s version)
– Small tools that may be useful during construction (i.e., measuring tape, hammer, paint scraper, electrical tape, etc.) No utility knives please.
TRIP ITINERARY -Remember to “Remain Flexible”. A schedule will be posted closer to the trip departure.
If you have and questions or concerns, please contact Connor Johnson or Pastor Corey Milliet.